About Troop 1852Once upon a time...
At a Glance
Founded in 1974, Troop 1852 of the Boy Scouts of America has been serving youth in Sugar Land, Missouri City and Stafford communities for over 40 years. Troop 1852 is chartered by Southminster Presbyterian Church in Missouri City. We are part of the Thunder Wolf District in Sam Houston Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Tuesday nights at 7-8:30 PM
- Monthly Patrol Leaders Council (the “PLC”)
- Monthly Troop Committee/Parent meeting
- Court of Honor held twice annually
Led by Scouts
Our Boy Scouts select their activities and run their program with the support of the Troop Committee and guidance from the Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmasters. Adults teach or coach the Scouts so they can improve the next activity. The Boy Scouts learn to be leaders by taking responsibility for execution of the program.
- 36 Boy Scouts
- 30 Registered adults
- 86 Eagle Scouts to date
- 9 monthly weekend campouts
- 1 long-term summer camp annually
- 1 high-adventure summer camp annually
- 2 Courts of Honor held annually
- $125 Annual membership dues (2018-19)
- $105 for additional Scouts in the same family